TANZANIA - Beef wholesale prices in Dar es Salaam have gone down by an average of 20 per cent per various grades as the supply of cattle also slid at the Pugu market.
RWANDA - The government has given in to demands by local agro-manufacturers and millers to have the Value Added Tax (VAT) on processed animal feeds and input products, dropped, The New Times has learned.
UGANDA - The leadership of Uganda meat producers wants the government to establish an autonomous institution to regulate the lucrative but disjointed industry.
KENYA - Regional players in the livestock sector are set to showcase their expertise in a three-day trade forum in Nairobi, after the KCB Foundation partnered with industry stakeholders to facilitate the National Livestock Expo Exhibition.
BOTSWANA - Ministry of Agriculture (MoA) is looking to create a viable livestock cluster as part of a government strategy of economic growth and diversification.
UGANDA - Consumers are finding it hard to have milk on their daily menu as prices go up.
RWANDA - More than 300 households in Gicumbi District will have permanent market for their milk after the construction of a modern milk collection centre in the district.
ZAMBIA - Government says over 1.4 million calves were immunised against various animal diseases in the country last year.
NIGERIA - About 200 cattle in Toro Local Government Area of Bauchi State have been infected with the foot and mouth disease.
NAMIBIA – A roadmap that would harmonise the marketing activities of the livestock producers with the meat industry is to be launched on Thursday in Windhoek.
NIGERIA - Federal Government has pledged to develop dairy production zones with a view to operating a modern dairy system that would increase milk production in Nigeria.
More Articles ...
- Govt to commence livestock census
- Tanzania's Dairy Master Plan vital for development of dairy industry
- French expo to boost Nigeria's livestock industry
- Meat Board fights export battle for producers
- Livestock farmers benefit from new disease control tool from Icipe
- Tanners reiterate call to ban exports of raw hides
- Tanga dairy farm project produce more heifers for sale countrywide
- Farmers table demand for 85 percent of shares in New KCC