Job Title – Meals trader
Location – Nairobi, Kenya
Company – Louis Dreyfus Commodities
Function – Trading
Contract type – Permanent
Experience – 5-7 years
Closing date for application – September 28, 2015
The position is responsible for the Meals Volumes Target for East Africa.
This position is also responsible for achieving a margin on Meals products on the basis of market information obtained by regular and constant maintenance of business relationships in the industry.
- Trading in, Purchasing and Selling Meals Commodities
Identify trends and market developments, ensure the exchange of information and the production of market and other reports
- Convert market vision into opportunities resulting in trading transactions and trading positions
Negotiate and enter into agreements with customers and suppliers about quality, price, quantities, delivery dates and payment terms
- Market Strategy and Relationship Management
- Conduct market studies for business development and help to build the Platform’s annual commercial plan (S&D)
- Develop new trading and sales opportunities by actively building and maintaining intensive contact with new and existing clients on both the sales and sourcing sides
- Exchange market and other relevant information with customers and suppliers
- Conclude agreements for long-term sustainable relationships (e.g. supply agreements)
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the market, ensuring exchange of information and producing related reports to the Platform
- Actively participate in internal market discussions
- Convert vision into positions and exploiting opportunities
- Arrange for the gathering of information on export, competition, import, Local regulations, local supply and demand, climatic conditions, etc.
- Administration and Recording
- Monitor debtor risk and the logistical processing of contracts
- Manage the Meals Position and PnL for Kenya and Tanzania
- Minimum 5 years Sales/ trading experience within Kenya.
Experience in the Feed Meal Industry in the region will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated strong negotiating skills and commercial understanding combined with the right commercial attitude and results orientation
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to select relevant information from a flow of information (distinction between main and side issues)
- Ability to travel (domestically and internationally)
- Demonstrated ability to Develop and manage a large client base.
- Understanding of the developments in the Feeds Industry in the Region
- Proficiency with MS Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Languages - English (Fluent)
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing, Agricultural Economics or other business related field.