Job description - East Africa Lead
Position Description: Row Crops Commercial Lead CES - Africa
Reports to: Africa Area Lead
Main Purpose of the Job
The Commercial Lead is responsible for building and leading the commercial organization in country to ensure strong and sustainable growth of the Row Crops business (Seed and Chem). This position is also accountable for the P&L of the countries in the CES Region - Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia
This position has direct line responsibility for the Sales, Marketing and Product Management function.
Key Responsibilities (5-7 bullet points)
- Develop and manage the Commercial Team in order to optimize net income through maximizing of sales and control of SG&A; develop and manage national sales plans, assign sales target to Commercial manager according to the overall budget assigned to the Country and monitor the YTD achievements of the targets and implement proper recovery actions in case it is needed.
- Support the Commercial Team through developing, negotiating and managing customer agreements and pricing while focusing on retaining and improving customer relationships; also analyzing performance in the different areas of sales, relevant margins and expenses, performing account planning and positioning for commercial accounts .
- Support Company policy of financial tracking revenue recognition to maintain a proper inventory level to meet both customers and Company needs (Forecast accuracy).
- Build and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders utilizing Monsanto’s internal expertise and strengths across all divisions and functions promoting initiatives to improve and develop new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate strong leadership by influencing and winning support within the commercial team (sales, marketing, finance, customer operations); ensure that functional and organizational objectives are met by creating a synergistic culture, transferring Company strategy into meaningful team objectives and actively seeking effectiveness in order to improve performance through effective communication, coaching, motivation, training, development and rewards.
- Build and manage the Commercial team by;
- attracting/motivating and developing people,
- managing the team by setting direction and leading by example
- creating an open and diverse working environment,
- developing team effectiveness
- providing Monthly Reports to Area Lead and circulating to the team to encourage depth of understanding of financial indicators and performance ‘v’ country scorecard.
- Address and seize opportunities to grow our corn, cotton and chem business in the countries in the CES Region by;
- analyzing the situation and define plan,
- seeking the buy-in from the organization
- setting example in the implementation.
- Legal (civil & criminal) liability: ensure compliance with local, state laws for all Company activities: acquisitions, mergers, employee agreements, negotiations, agents, consultants, employees, third parties engagements, purchase and/or sales of business / building, contractual signatures, labor rule compliance, ESH local law compliance, FCPA and BC compliance process. Actively engage in driving corrective actions either within the local management team or external parties and represent and preserve the Company interests in all the active and passive Court lawsuits.
- Country Governance Guidelines: Understanding the overall organizational objectives, local country targets and key operational performance metrics to provide corporate country governance guidelines by developing/maintaining strategic relationships with the appropriate agencies (e.g., state, community and industry, labor, etc) and internal cross functions (e.g., Finance, Legal, HR, Sales, Manufacturing, etc).
- Coordinator and mentor across functional projects and programs: identify and/or develop together with the Leadership Team different project plans and define career progression opportunities for local management staff, resources, budgets and training needs.
About this company
We’re more than 20,000 dedicated employees focused on developing solutions to help farmers have better harvests while using resources more efficiently.
We work to help farmers grow crops in a more sustainable way. We think holistically about how food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests - so a balanced plate of meats, grains, fruits and vegetables within reach of every family.
Opportunities at Monsanto range from sales and marketing jobs to research and agronomy jobs. We’re always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Apply at jobs.monsanto.com